The Getaway Terms & Conditions
Please read carefully. By booking with us you agree to the following:
Booking Conditions Details
● Caravans are not permitted.
● Hen or Stag parties are not permitted.
Loyalty Discount for all booking types
Every 7th night booked direct via our website is FREE and will be automatically deducted. This applies for bookings of 7 or 14 consecutive nights.
Conditions for Booking
● The person making the booking must be at least 18 years of age.
● Full payment must be made at the time of all bookings.
● Each unit booked includes parking for 1 vehicle only. If you require extra parking please contact us.
● To book Same Day Arrivals, please ring: +353 87 352 7851.
● Glamping Cabin Season : All Year
● Belle Tent Season: 1st June to 31st August
● Minimum 3 night stays between June and August. Minimum 2 night stays all other dates.
● Maximum of 6 people per Large Cabin.
● Maximum of 2 people per Standard Cabin.
● Maximum of 2 people per Glamping BelleTent.
● Dogs are not permitted with Glamping Bookings.
Motorhomes & Campervans
● Motorhome Season: All Year
● MMaximum of 5 people per Parking Bay.
● Maximum of 2 dogs per a bay.
● Awning & Pup Tents are allowed providing they do not interfere with neighbouring guests.
● Roof & Trailer Tents are allowed providing they do not interfere with neighbouring guests.
● Season: 1st May to 31st August
● We cater for small tents only.
● Maximum of 4 people per pitch.
● Dogs are not permitted with tent bookings.
Following your booking, you will receive a Holiday Confirmation. Please bring a digital or paper copy of this when you arrive.
The completion of a telephone conversation or receipt of a Holiday Confirmation email, does not constitute a contract between the guest and The Getaway. A contract shall only exist, once the Holiday Confirmation is presented on arrival and the party is seen to be as described and is in compliance with the Terms & Conditions.
We reserve the right to refuse access or terminate the booking / stay of any guest(s) whose party make-up or behaviour interferes (or may interfere) with the general comfort of our other guests or the neighbouring properties. In this event no refund will be given.
If the Terms & Conditions are broken by any members of your group, whereupon you are asked to leave the premises or are denied access then no refund will be given.
Arrival / Departure Times & Booking Allocation
Afternoon: 3:00pm – 8:00pm
Morning: 7:00am – 11:00am
If you have any issues related to arrival or departure times, please
inform us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Unless advised otherwise please use the Bay or Accommodation as noted on your booking confirmation.
Booking Cancellation & Amendments
No refunds or discounts will be given for late arrivals, early departures or
Cancellation or Amendments made by The Getaway
● If for any reason we have to cancel or amend your booking, we will do
our best to provide a suitable alternative date.
● If a suitable date can not be found we will fully refund your booking. No
compensation will accompany this refund.
Cancellation by the Customer
If notice is given more than 14 days before the arrival date:
● A full refund will be given.
● The payment will be refunded to the card that was used to make the
payment and will take 5-10 working days from the refund confirmation
If notice is given less than 14 days before the arrival date:
● The full value of the booking will be credited.
● This credit can be used for any future booking within 12 months of the credit confirmation date.
● When you wish to use your credit please ring or email to make the booking to avoid being double charged.
Amendments by the Customer
● If you wish to amend your booking please notify us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
● If no agreement can be made and therefore the booking must be cancelled, the above cancellation policy will apply.
Extension of stay
Please notify us if you wish to extend your stay and we will do our best to
If you have any day visitors who are not included in the booking, please notify
us. Anyone on site after 8pm will be regarded as an extra guest and incur a €5
1. The person making the booking is responsible for the conduct of
their group and will be held liable for any damages or loss caused
to any buildings, property and equipment of The Getaway, fellow
guests and surrounding neighbours.
2. Customers must ensure that their property is secured. Your
personal belongings, vehicles and their accessories and contents
are left at your own risk. The Getaway or its staff will not be liable
for the loss, theft, or damage of any property.
3. The Getaway, its facilities and the surrounding area, are used
entirely at the customer's own risk. We or our staff will not be held
liable for any injury, accident, or mishap to any person on the site
or its surroundings.
Welfare & Safety
1. No person under 18 years is permitted to stay at The Getaway
unless accompanied by a parent or guardian.
2. Children must be supervised by a suitable and responsible person
at all times, for their own safety and the respect of other guests.
3. Please make yourself aware of the fire assembly point located at
the site entrance gate.
4. Fires are not permitted anywhere on the site, other than in the Fire
5. Fires and BBQs must be lit and supervised at all times, by a
responsible adult and then minded until such time as they are
6. Do not light Fires & BBQs if the weather is windy and they could
blow over or fire be spread.
7. BBQs are only permitted if raised off the ground.
8. Alcohol should be consumed sensibly and your enjoyment of it
9. Overly noisy or anti-social behaviour, could result in the individual
or group being asked to leave.
10. Please keep noise to a minimum after 11pm.
11. The use of generators is not permitted.
1. Due to the nature of our Wetland Waste System, no toilet
chemicals containing formaldehyde can be emptied in the
Chemical Disposal. If in doubt use Green Chemical only ( Sachets
can be bought from us ).
2. Please do not litter The Getaway or the surrounding countryside.
3. We strive to recycle as much as possible, therefore we ask you
take the time to split your rubbish according to the bins provided.
4. The Showers facilities are provided free of charge. We respectfully
ask that you do not exploit your time in using them, in the interest
of the environment and for the sake of the other guests. Please
leave the rooms as you would wish to find them.
5. Please turn off all Lights & Appliances at The Getaway after use.
1. Dogs must be kept on leads at all times on the site and if walking
in the local area as we are surrounded by working farmland with
livestock as well as wildlife.Please stick to the roads and tracks.
2. If your dog is unlikely to jump the fence, they can be let off the
lead in the Dog Run but must not be left unsupervised.
3. In the interest of hygiene please clean up after your dog
everywhere on the site and in the local area.
4. If your Dog barks persistently you could be asked to leave.
Complaints & Lost Property
If you have any issues please speak to a member of staff. Complaints
must be brought to our attention during your stay in order for us to try
and resolve them.
Any personal items left behind on departure will be returned to you on
receipt of a stamped, self-addressed envelope or pre-arranged courier
pick up. Items will not be held after 30 days if no notice is given.
All information supplied on the booking form will be stored for
administrative purposes only.